By law, non-custodial parents must pay a monthly allowance, or Child Support, to help the father in custody to cover the cost of the child. An order for the Child Support can be given after a divorce or a paternity. This section includes general information about the act of Child Support, in addition to a glossary of legal terms and a basic manual on how a lawyer specializing in child support can help you.