The practice area concerned with family legal issues involving family relationships like divorce, child custody, adoption, etc together falls under this one big branch called the family law. The lawyers practicing in it are called family law attorney they also deal in cases related to all family law issues of Fort Worth.
- Family law in Fort Worth includes the following points:
Family law system is just as diverse as a family. The family law system offers attorneys for a variety of family issues, like
- Marriage: Fort Worth’s legal jurisdiction does not consider two individuals married unless they have a legal marriage certificate and an official ceremony, to prove the order that they are legally married unavailability of any of these documents would be considered as void marriage.
- Divorces: Divorce not only breaks the bond between two individuals but also, the relationship, the family of both the parties is divided. It is the most common issue in Fort Worth, out of 10% cases of family law divorce cases turn out to be at 8% which is quite huge.
- Child custody: Ultimate divorce leads to child custody while a child is involved. The fight between both the parents for their child custody gets very rigid when both the parents are not able to come up and agree on the particular agreement.
- Property division: While divorce, every particular thing is divided, monetary or non-monetary. The cases become complex when one of the parties hides the income from other party resulting to high net divorces.
The answer to this question is yes, as you can say that the family law is a tree and divorce is one of its branches so goes for the attorneys as well. The attorneys who specialize in family law do handle divorce cases. You should always ask your lawyer about his past experiences and the number of cases he/ she has been dealt with.
- Mediation – 6 steps to resolve family disputes:
You don’t require a family attorney till the time if you can resolve it on your own. Always first you should try to resolve your family problems on your own if you don’t succeed or the problem still lies then, you should hire an attorney. Well, here are 8 steps to resolve family disputes at home:
1. Be hard on the problem, not the people.
The statement simply means that instead of blaming each other or pointing fingers at each other you should try to focus on the main problem and discuss the matters. E.g.: “if you’d earned more we could have lived happily”, “you are the one who argues more” such negative question impacts one’s mental stability leading to create more trouble you can use words like, “we both should think about selling the house as it is a tough decision”, instead of creating negative impact by telling “if you’d earned good we, didn’t have to think about selling this house”.
Such discussions do have an important and equally binds both of your decisions. Use of less drama will always help in solving your problem.
2. Understand that acknowledging and listening are not the same as obeying.
You should understand the difference that just because you listen to the other party and acknowledge most of the times, doesn’t mean you are obeying the third part not necessarily. It is important to listen and acknowledge but also to obey and understand what your partner is trying to tell you. Not only this will create a strong bond between you guys but also you’ll be able to understand each other more and the problems would seem to be less.
3. Use “I” statements.
Take the courage of “I will do this”, “I am sorry”, using such affirmative sentences will bring you’re close to your partner also, may be due to bad times taking the blame on your head would ease the tension between you guys.
4. Give the benefit of the doubt.
There will be instances where you can give the benefit of doubt e.g.: your wife is late again the first sentence you’d be saying is “why the hell is she late again, it’s driving me crazy”, there might be chances that there is reasonable thing to why she is late you can ask instead of just yelling and creating disturbance, this would make your spouse understand you more in a soft way.
5. Have awkward conversations in real time.
Always be free enough to represent the real you. Psychologists say people who have awkward conversations with each other tend to have a strong bond because they do accept their good, bad, weirdness. So if you’re weird congrats it’s an additional point to you.
This not only works for couples but also for family disputes or arguments you should be friendly and easy to talk with them.
6. Ask yourself “Would I rather be happy or right?”
Before jumping into any conclusion see to it that whatever you’re doing or taking up any decision ask this question to yourself- “Would I rather be happy or right?” the answer to this question would help you in drawing your final decision. Always plan and seek your opportunities your pros and cons before taking up any decisions as it will lead you either have good or bad future.
Are you too confused or stuck up with family law issues, here is V. Wayne Ward, a Fort Worth family law attorney with 30+ experiences in family law? Call him 817-789-4436 and seek his consultation.